Have you ever wondered: If you repeated today every day for the next year, realistically, where would you end up? I did and that is why I organize my life the way I do.
I wake up around 6 am every day. Before going to bed in the evening I take a cold shower and sleep with an open window regardless of the season. It boosts my immunity and I rarely get sick. I write down thoughts, do my morning pages, pray and make plans for the day.
While on the way to the gym I observe people around me since strangers are my true inspiration. Since you don’t really know who they are, you can just invent characters and imagine what their life is like. What are their stories? What made that cute guy smile while reading that book? Why is that beautiful girl so sad? Why is an old man watching through the window with a nostalgic look in his eyes? This can really boost my creative energy from the early morning.
Next thing I know I’m in a corner of my favorite coffee shop, library or sometimes my office. Laptop opened, planner ready, concentration set and there we go. During the day I meet friends for coffee or lunch and this relaxes my brain and inspires me a lot. When I come home I usually journal about my day, light a scented candle, read a book and play with my pug. I rarely go out, since I tend to fall asleep by 10 pm.
MY TIPS FOR HANDLING LIFE:
- Do what you love.
- Always wear a smile on your face.
- Have a clear vision of your future.
- Understand that happiness comes from who you are, not what you have.
- When people are being rude and impolite don’t let that brings you down, and be as positive and polite
- as you can be. Their negative energy is their issue; don’t let it poison your day.
- Have a big picture in your mind. There will always be obstacles in the way. Remember that there are no shortcuts to any goal worth reaching.
- Don’t forget that it’s not about where you are but where you’re going and it’s never too late to become the man you always wanted to be.
- Be reckless enough to gamble all or nothing, to follow your dreams, because that’s the only way to make your life extraordinary!
MY SOURCE OF INSPIRATION:
- New York City.
- Successful people around me.
- Making other people smile.
- Making the impossible happen.
- The constant hunger for knowledge.
- Make people move toward their goals.
- Being in love and feeling loved.
- Traveling and meeting new people.
- People’s eyes say more than words ever could.
What’s the point of life?
Everyone dies, but not everyone lives. So I say the point of life is to live it to the full! Whatever makes you happy, makes me happy as well. I think that if you don’t make your life worth living no one will. And as my friend loves to say: You never know which breath will be your last so you better be happy for each one you get.
I also think you should be happy just to be alive. Do whatever makes you smile and go to bed with a positive attitude towards tomorrow. And remember that tomorrow is another day and if there’s anything you would like to change you can do it. Whatever that might be. As the song says: We only got 86 400 seconds in a day. Turn it all around or throw it all away.
If you ask me what’s the point of my life I can tell you it all comes down to one word: happiness. My happiness lies in learning both in school and everyday life, reading and writing a lot, traveling and making the impossible happens.
If I made it to NYC by 21 without my parent’s money or anyone’s help I can make it anywhere. I am finally where I always wanted to be. Now it’s up to me to find a way to stay here. And as crazy as it might sound, I feel confident that I will manage to do it.
A friend once asked me: What would you do today if you know that there’s no tomorrow?
Smile and say: Jovana, sweetie, this was one hell of a ride